Friday 9 August 2024

JMC - Laila Harris

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing a step by step guide to creating this art journal page created using JMCs Laila Harris stamp set and the Heart Stencil from the Stencil Suite Collection. 
To begin I dabbed Lumberjack Plaid distress oxide onto the inner part of the heart stencil, then spritzed it lightly with water and placed it ink side down on the page.

Next I drew two rough black lines around the heart using a black posca pen.
Using a wet flat paintbrush, I added water to the areas around the heart, leaving a border around it. I then smooshed some lumberjack plaid and  mystard seed distress ink onto my glass mat. Using a wet paintbrush I added this ink to the wet areas of the page. I left this to dry naturally as this allows the ink to blend into each other. When dry I used a white posca pen to add splats.

Next I stamped the words Love & Hugs across the heart using versafine clair morning mist ink. 
On a piece of card I stamped the Laila Harris stamp and three of the hearts. I coloured the images with distress watercolour pencils and then cut them out then glued them to the page.
Finally I added a sentiment from the Clarity stickers by Barbara Grey.
Products used:
Distress Ink - lumberjack plaid, mustard seed 
Versafine Clair - nocturne, morning mist 
Distress watercolour pencils 

Thank you for taking a look.
Alison 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creating a card using stencils

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing a step by step guide to creating this card using mainly stencils. To begin I cut a piece of D...