Friday 23 August 2024

Altered Playing Cards

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing how I created these four altered playing cards. I am taking part in a challenge in the Tracy Evans Facebook group.
the https://www.facebook.com/groups/463304381259891/?ref=share
This months prompt for K and L were 
K - Key
K - your own choice
L - Love
L - your own choice
Below are my cards for these themes.

To begin I covered all four cards with some of the tissue paper that Tracy packs her parcels with.

I then added colour to each card using Craft Artist Fusion Pearl Fusion inks in indigo, hansa yellow deep, alizarin crimson and cade green.
KEY
For the key prompt I began by stamping the take flight stamp using twilight versafine clair ink.
Next I stamped the same stamp on seperate card using the same ink. I also stamped three of the berries from the holly and berries set using bali blue versafine clair. I cut out just the key with wings and the berries.

Next I carefully tied a piece of garden twine around the key and freyed the ends.
I glued the key and berries to the card using matte medium. 
To finish the card I added three of the circular ephemera from the Sensus pack.

KISS
On the next card I stamped the shadowed elements using versafine clair twilight.
On seperate card I stamped the mistletoe and using an alphabet stamp the word kiss using avacado versafine clair. I cut them out and glued them to the card.

LOVE
To begin I added grit texture paste through the elongated hearts stencil. 
Next I stamped the bird with hearts and the darker striped bird and one of the larger hearts using versafine clair nocturne. I then coloured them and cut them out.
I then glued them to the card and added two of the circular ephemera.
LEAF
I stamped the leafle stamp on to the card using versafine clair nocturne. I stamped the leaf part onto seperate card using versafine clair verdant.
I cut out the green leaf and glued it to the card. I also added the leaf word ephemera.
Products used:
Playing cards
Tissue paper
Ranger distress matte medium
Garden twine
Craft Artist Fusion - Pearl Fussion - indigo, hansa yellow deep, alizarin crimson, cade green
Leafle stamp set
Elongated hearts stencil
Sensus ephemera pack 

Thank you for taking a look. 
Alison 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creating a card using stencils

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing a step by step guide to creating this card using mainly stencils. To begin I cut a piece of D...