Sunday 3 July 2022

Mama Makes - Rotate Mate

Hi everyone, today I thought I would explain how I use the Rotate Mate to create this wreath style cards.
To begin take the foam mat out of your stamping platform and place the larger piece of the Rotate Mate in the bottom right corner. 
The smaller piece fits into the bigger piece to create 4 inch square mats.

Next place a piece of 5 inch square card into the Rotate Mate. It doesn't matter where you place it, but I usually start so that two corners are in the tool.

Take the present stamp from the stamp set and placd where you wish your circular image to be. Stamp the image. Clean the stamp, but don't remove it from the lid of the platform.

Using the Rotate Mate and the stamp on the lid of the platform decide whether you need to rotate the card one or two notches on the tool. This will depend on the size of the stamp being used and whether you want the images to overlap. For this present stamp I needed to move two notches.

Continue rotating two notches and stamping, until you meet the first image. ( See photo sequence below.)

Add the image in the centre of the wreath, then colour all the images. I used a mix of inktense pencils and acrylic paint pens with a water brush. Ink the edges of the card with the same ink you stamped the presents with using a harmoney blending tool.

Mount onto a 6 inch square card blank. Add the sentiment by only ink half of it at a time.

Products used:

6 inch square card blank
Colouring medium of your choice
Versafine Clair - Nocturne and Tulip Red

No comments:

Post a Comment

Embossing resist tag

Hi everyone,  today I'm sharing a tag which I have created using the embossing resist technique. I have also used one of Bee Crafty'...