Friday 20 September 2024

Creating a card using stencils

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing a step by step guide to creating this card using mainly stencils.
To begin I cut a piece of Dolly Dimples super smooth warm cream card into a five and a half square. I then blended picked raspberry distress oxide through the Diamond Maze stencil. 

Next I blended seedless preserve distress oxide through the Cracked stencil across the centre of the card to break up the larger pink area.

Using off cuts of cream card, I blended kitsch flamingo distress oxide through the centre of the Entwined Flowers stencil. I then blended seedless preserve distress oxide around the outer part of the flower. I created six flowers.
I then cut out three of the flowers completely leaving a small cream border. I cut the centre star shape out from the other three flowers.
Edge the background piece with seedless preserve distress oxide. Then use the Hanging Garden stencil to add five leafy branches. To work out where to put them I placed the flowers on the card and placed the stencil over them. I then removed the flowers before adding the rustic wilderness distress oxide through it. I repeated this for each branch.
Next I glued this background to a six inch cream card blank.
I shaped the flowers using a foam pad and ball tool.
Then I used a small foam pad to stick the centre part of the flower to the full size ones. I off set it to add a bigger centre to the flower.

I then glued these to the card using pva glue.
Finally I added one of the ticket sentiments and a small pearl to the centre of each flower.

Products used
Super Smooth warm Cream Card
Distress Oxide ink pads - picked raspberry, kitsch flamingo, seedless preserve, rustic wilderness 

Thank you for taking a look.
Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creating a card using stencils

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing a step by step guide to creating this card using mainly stencils. To begin I cut a piece of D...