Sunday 14 July 2024

A Bot's Best Friend

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing a step by step guide to creating this art journal page using Julia McNeill's stamps and stencils.
To begin I had a page in my art journal which I had used to clean the sprinkle suite stencil.

On this page,  I blended rusty hinge distress oxide through the electric spiral stencil and brushed corduroy distress oxide through the random script stencil.

Next I added a few areas of the circles, cogs and rivet stencil using mustard seed distress oxide. 
Next, very lightly blend scorched timber distress oxide around the edges of the page, taking some towards the middle in some areas.
I then stamped the robot and dog , from the A Bot's Best Friend stamp set, using versafine clair fallen leaves. I coloured them using salvaged petina, rusty hinge and  victorian velvet distress oxide and a white gel pen. I then cut them out.
Before adding the characters to the page, I stamped half of the cog, from the stamp set, around the edge of the page to give a bit of a border.
Next, I grounded the robots by blending scorched timber under where they are standing. I also took the scorch timber up and around the right of the characters to create a shadow.
Finally I added one of the sentiments from the stamp set, which I stamped with versafine clair fallen leaves, then cut out.
Products used 
Random Script stencil 
Circles, Cogs and Rivets stencil
Distress Oxide ink pads - mustard seed, rusty hinge, brushed corduroy, scorched timber, salvaged petina, victorian velvet 
Versafine Clair - fallen leaves

Thank you for taking a look. 
Alison 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Magic Tree Towertown

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing an art journal page created using Art Inspirations Brejanzart Magic Tree Towertown stamp set, with other ...