Thursday 6 June 2024

Butterfly Style

Hi everyone, I keep meaning to post regularly on here, then life gets kn the way.
Today I'm sharing a step by step guide to creating this art journal page, in my A5 Pink Pig black page journal, using products from Julia Mcneill Crafts.

To begin I tore a strip from one of the Amathyst Dreams papers, so that it would fit my page. I used collage medium to adhere it to the left of the page.

Next, next I stamped the three crosses, from the Butterfly Style stamp set, using Hero Arts unicorn white ink, to add a little detail to the background. I used the acetate sheet from the stamp set to help position the in the middle of the page, as I wanted the image to overlap them a little.

Then I stamped the scribbled border, from the Angora stamp set, around the edge of the page. I used a post-it note to mask off the crosses.
I left this to dry thoroughly before doing the next step.
Next I rubbed an anti static bag over the page, before stamping the main image from the Butterfly Style set with Versamark ink. 
I then sprinkled the image with white embossing powder, tapped off the excess and then heated to set. I ccouloured her lips, the butterfly and added eyeshadow using Sakura gelly roll moonlight pens. 
Finally I added a Claritystamps sentiment sticker to the page.

Products used:
A5 Pink Pig black art journal 
Hero Art unicorn ink pad 
White embossing powder 
Sakura Gelly Roll moonlight pens 
Collage medium

Thanks for taking a look.
Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creating a card using stencils

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing a step by step guide to creating this card using mainly stencils. To begin I cut a piece of D...