Sunday 6 August 2023

Today is a festival of wonderful colour.

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I last blogged. Today I'm sharing an art journal page created using stamps and stencils from Shady Designs and Dolly Dimples.


To begin this page I used the holly branch distress crayon to draw a rough circle in the centre of the page. I then added areas of squeezed lemonade, carved pumpkin and holly branch distress crayon around the inside and outside of the circle, blending the colours with a damp finger as I went.

Next I defined the circle by using the tree lot distress crayon. I blended the circle slightly.
Next I used versafine clair purple delight to add the text stamp from the Dolly Tots Ellie and Theodore stamp set and the circles and lines stamp from the Ann and Milo stamp set.

I then stamped the starlight flower double bloom stamp using versafine clair nocturne. I left this to dry thoroughly.
When dry I wiped the image with an anti static bag and using versamark ink I stamped the word stamp from Ellie and Theodore set over each of the flowers. I then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Next I watercoloured the flowers with seedless preserve, kitsch flamingo and worn lipstick distress ink. I cut the flowers out.
Then I blended seedless preserve distress ink through the diamond area of the angle leaf stencil. I then glued the flowers to the page and added one of the creative stickers sentiments 
Products used:

Distress crayons - squeezed lemonade,  carved pumpkin,  holly branch, tree lot
Dolly Tots stamp sets - Ellie and Theodore, Ann and Milo
Versamark ink pad 
Versafine Clair - Nocturne, purple delight 
Distress Ink - Seedless preserve, kitsch flamingo, worn lipstick 

Thank you for taking a look.
Alison

2 comments:

Embossing resist tag

Hi everyone,  today I'm sharing a tag which I have created using the embossing resist technique. I have also used one of Bee Crafty'...