Monday 27 April 2020

Butterfly card tutorial.

In this post I'm going to show you how I made this card.

To begin I glued a piece of patterened paper to the top left corner of a 7 x 7 inch squared piece of smooth stamping card. Then I added colour using a blending tool. The colours I used were worn lipstick and bundled sage distress oxide ink pads. 
Next I coloured a piece of lace using the worn lipstick ink. Then glued it, using a wet glue, to my background.
Next I coloured a piece of ticket style ephemera and glued it unde0rneath the lace.
When the glue had dried, I mounted this onto a piece of black card, then a piece of pink card and then onto an 8 x 8 inch square card blank. 
I then stamped one of the large butterflies from Artisan Design's Butterfly Supreme 2 stamp set using Versafine Clair Nocturne ink. As this stamp has some quite large areas of rubber, I used my stamping platform, so that I could do it twice if necessary.
I then coloured it using the same distress inks that I used for the background. To do this I smooshed both inks on my glass mat. Then using a damp paint brush I applied the ink to the image. Vary the amount of water in the brush to alter the shade.
Next I fussy cut the image out and using my fingers I shaped it to make it look like it was flying. I stuck it to the card using glue gel. I stamoed the sentiment, which is from the same stamp set and added flat back pearls as embellishments. 

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love your card as I'm a big fan of butterflies. Can you please tell me the company that makes thw stamp? Also, what is glue gel? Any pointers you could offer me on starting a blog of my own? I would love to but, have no idea how to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, the company that makes the butterfly stamp is Artisan Design, www.artisandesigngroupuk.com
    Glue gel is a silicon glue which dries hard and will raise items away from the background. The one I use is from pinflair.
    Starting a blog was easy. I use blogger. Just search blogger in Google. It talks you through setting it up. I just played umtil I got it set how I want. I now use the app to access and add blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Embossing resist tag

Hi everyone,  today I'm sharing a tag which I have created using the embossing resist technique. I have also used one of Bee Crafty'...