Thursday 26 March 2020

Masking tape technique


Today I'm going to explain how I created this card.

To begin mask of areas where you don't want ink, with a low tack tape. I use Scotch removable which is unfortunately clear, so difficult to see in the pictures.

Add Shaded Lilac distress oxide to the exposed areas of the card. I used a blending brush, but use the tool of your choice.
I decided to use the Butterfly Supreme 1 stamp to add detail. I used Seedless Preserve distress oxide. I allowed the stamping to overlap the tape. I also used the stamp with my hands rather than a block, so I could position it easier.

When you have finished stamping, remove the tape.

Next I chose a sentiment from the Sentiment Banquet 2 stamp set and stamped it in the larger white area with Seedless Preserve distress oxide.

Then I stamped 6 of the smaller Star Lily Build a Flora flowers and 2 leaves. I used the two colours of distress oxide I had already used for the flowers and Forest Moss for the leaves.
Colour the flowers by using a waterbrush to draw the ink from the edges of the stamped image towards the centre.

I then fussy cut them out and using a foam mat and ball tool I shaped them, by rubbing the ball tool first over the backs, then pressing down in the centre front.

I then glued them in pairs to give the flowers layers.

I mounted my background piece on black, then a matching purple, then onto a card blank.

Finally I added the flowers with glue gel and added a pearl in the centre of each flower.


4 comments:

Embossing resist tag

Hi everyone,  today I'm sharing a tag which I have created using the embossing resist technique. I have also used one of Bee Crafty'...