Sunday 6 September 2020

Time For Tea

I was asked to review the So Beautifully Organised Time For Tea box by Craft Stash/Craftworld.

The box comes beautifully wrapped and the contents well packed. There are lots of goodies to play with. All are excellent quality.

I am not a planner, but decided that if I was, I would want to keep these products close together, as there is a meal planner and list pad. Ideal to write your meals for the week and the accompanying shopping list at the same time. So I decided to make something like a memo board that could hang in the kitchen.

I began by adding three circlular pieces of magnet, that I had cut from a manetic sheet, to the bottom right of a piece of A3 greyboard. I then covered it with one of the pieces of wrapping paper. I used scissors to distress the edges then added Faded Jeans Distress Oxide ink around the edges.
Next I created pockets for both the pads, as this would allow me to take them off the board to write on them and to replace them when they had been used up.

To create the pockets I used blue and pink card. Cutting two blue pieces, one 5.5 inches x 9 inches, the other 6.5 inches by 9 inches. I then cut two pieces of pink card, one 8.75 inches by 3 inches and the other 8.75 inches by 3 inches. I placed 3mm wide red liner tape around 3 edges of the pink pieces and stuck them to the blue piece to create pockets. These I stuck to the backboard with 6mm red liner tape.

Finally I added two bulldog clips to enable hanging and placed the magnets from the kit on to the magnets on the board. These can be used to hang messages.

Over all I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and value for money of the kit. If you are a planner I would recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Embossing resist tag

Hi everyone,  today I'm sharing a tag which I have created using the embossing resist technique. I have also used one of Bee Crafty'...